The Lost Notebook catalyzes change by providing creative small businesses, organizations and communities with bespoke strategy, research and planning so that they can more effectively realize their visions and affect transformation.
What are creative small businesses, organizations and communities?
Whether they express their creativity in the arts, sciences, engineering, socially-driven entrepreneurship or elsewhere, creative small businesses and organizations are transformational drivers in our communities with the potential to lead us towards more sustainable, just, equitable and enjoyable futures.
Creative communities come in many sizes from towns of 100 to cities of more than 1 million. They celebrate their diversity, invest in STEAM education and businesses, collaborate across sectors and backgrounds to develop solutions to social, economic and environmental challenges, and understand how important equity is to ensuring the entire community thrives.
What do they need in order to effectively realize their visions?
- Small businesses, organizations and communities must be clear about their shared aspirations, intentions and the steps and resources necessary to achieve them.
- They must also be ready to transform, which requires creative strategies, applicable research and the confidence to make the desired changes.
The Lost Notebook
- Creates bespoke actionable strategies, tailored to clients’ needs, capacities and aspirations
- Conducts rigorous quantitative and qualitative research relevant to the issues at hand
- Develops useful, productive and mutually beneficial relationships with clients and their stakeholders
- Builds understanding, trust and attachment across stakeholder groups
- Thinks and works hyper-locally while learning and sharing globally